“FUNNY, WITH SUSPENSE AND HEART”
– David Rooney, The Hollywood Reporter
Go To Infinity and Beyond When Lightyear Available onto Digital Now
and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD September 13
You know the toy. Discover his story when Disney and Pixar Studios’ epic space adventure Lightyear available on Digital now, and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD September 13.
Described as an “Extremely fun action sci-fi film that will bring a smile to fans of the character” (Ross Bonaime, Collider) and Certified-Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes™, Lightyear brings to vivid life the origin story of the iconic Space Ranger.
Pixar fans can add to their Toy Story movie collection, and access bonus content including exclusive deleted scenes, featurettes and an audio commentary by filmmaker Angus MacLane. Lightyear will also stream on Disney+.
From Disney and Pixar comes an animated sci-fi action-adventure — the definitive origin story of Buzz Lightyear (voice of Chris Evans), the hero who inspired the toy. Lightyear follows the legendary Space Ranger on an intergalactic adventure alongside ambitious recruits, Izzy, Mo and Darby, and his robot companion Sox. As this motley crew embark on their toughest mission yet, they must learn to work as a team to escape the evil Zurg and his dutiful robot army who are never far behind.
- Deleted Scenes Introduction – Director Angus MacLane introduces six scenes that are all drawn, set to music, timed and voiced, but are not included in the final version of this amazing film – which took five and a half years to make!
- The Dump – In one of LIGHTYEAR’s original opening scenes, we explore Proxima B, with its carnivorous plants, sulfur pits, weird bugs, hot climate, and lack of coffee! A familiar Space Ranger volunteers to risk all in an effort to return to Earth.
- Polly – Buzz relives childhood memories when he visits an aeronautic museum in which his father is memorialized. There, he finds Polly, his dad’s robot companion bird, who possesses a very revealing recorded message meant for Buzz!
- Meet Izzy – After young Izzy and her family (including her brother Maurice) move in next door to Buzz, the adorable, talkative girl bursts into Buzz’s home, warms up to Sox, and asks Buzz a lot of questions.
- Up in the Lair – After his spacecraft crash-lands and he winds up in the bunker of fledgling Space Rangers, Buzz is introduced to cheesy snacks and a character whose role was cut due to time. He also receives shocking information about his father.
- Tilted Ship – Star Command Space Rangers of the 56th Airborne Alpha Quadrant meet Buzz and the Space Ranger students. Buzz is given a truth serum so he’ll expose whatever he knows about his father’s connection to the aliens who have taken over Proxima B.
- Fathership – Buzz wakes up in what he thinks is his childhood home, where he meets his father, who was a time travel pilot, just as he is. But it turns out he’s on the mothership of the aliens who are destroying Proxima B – and hope to vanquish Buzz as well!
- Building the World of Lightyear – Visits to the Johnson Space Center in Houston and a very familiar cinematic archive gave the filmmakers inspiration as they embarked on the exciting journey of creating Lightyear’s breathtaking production design.
- The Zap Patrol – Meet the actors who gave voice to Izzy, Mo and Darby, the untrained, unprepared rangers who join Buzz on the adventure of a lifetime. While the misfits may not seem ideal for the mission, their unlikely friendship helps see them through challenging times.
- Toyetic – Learn why Lightyear is one of the most “toyetic” films ever. Join director Angus MacLane and others on the meticulous, fun process of creating toy models for spaceships and other production elements that led to the film’s richly textured animation.
- Lightyear Filmmaker Commentary – Join director Angus MacLane, writer Jason Headley, and director of photography Jeremy Lasky as they provide insight into the making of this remarkable animated feature while you watch it.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
Chris Evans as Buzz Lightyear
Keke Palmer as Izzy Hawthorne
Peter Sohn as SOX
Taika Waititi as Mo Morrison
Dale Soules as Darby Steel
James Brolin as Zurg
Uzo Aduba as Alisha Hawthorne
Mary McDonald-Lewis as I.V.A.N
Isiah Whitlock Jr. as Commander Burnside
Efren Ramirez as Airman Díaz
Keira Hairston as Young Izzy
Galyn Susman p.g.a
and Jason Headley
and Jason Headley
Physical: September 13
Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD
Physical: 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital Code), Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Code) & DVD
Feature Run Time
Approx. 108 minutes
U.S. Rated PG
4K Ultra HD: English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, English 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Dolby Digital, English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA,English 5.1 DTS-HDHR, English 2.0 Dolby Digital, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital,
DVD: English 5.1 Dolby, English 2.0 Dolby, English AD 2.0 Dolby, Spanish 5.1 Dolby
Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
4K Ultra HD: English SDH, Spanish, French
Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French
DVD: English SDH, Spanish
Digital: English SDH, French, Spanish (some platforms)
- EPK.TV / Lightyear Blu-ray, DVD, 4K Ultra HD and Digital
- Getty Images / Lightyear
- Original Motion Picture Soundtrack / Lightyear
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) manages The Walt Disney Company’s vast content commercialization and distribution ecosystem that delivers the Company’s unparalleled storytelling to audiences worldwide. This entails P&L management and operation of the Company’s portfolio of streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and the international general entertainment offering, Star; its linear television channels and the ABC-owned stations; theatrical film distribution; content licensing and distribution, including Disney Music Group; global advertising sales; and the technology that powers these groups. Using a wealth of consumer insights from across the Company, DMED makes content investment and distribution decisions to maximize audience engagement and commercial impact across platforms, collaborating with creative leaders in Disney’s Studios, General Entertainment, and Sports organizations.